– All Details to Know About Pandawa Beach –
WHY BACKPACKER SHOULD VISIT PANDAWA BEACH?
This beach located in the back of the hill.
You will pass the large carved limestone hill.
The beach officially opened on 2012,
It become popular place for local & international.
This beach popular for canoeing activity.
Also for sunbathing place.
You can catching the sunrise here.
This beach offering nice panorama & wide horizontal line view.
WHAT IS PANDAWA BEACH?
Pandawa beach is a new popular beach in Bali after the government make the access road to reach the beach by carved the limestone hill and officially opened on 2012. It just attract many tourist heart since the beach offering wide horizontal line view.
Pandawa beach name taken from ‘Five Pandawa’. It’s character of Mahabarata epic. It named as Pandawa because there are large statues of Pandawa character in the carved limestone hill. But, before famous as Pandawa beach, it famous as ‘hidden beach’ because it located in the back of limestone hill and hard to access the beach.
THE ROAD TO PANDAWA BEACH
WHEN THE BEST TIME TO VISIT PANDAWA BEACH?
BEST TIME TO VISIT:
April – October.
*) July to September are the most ideal months to visit this beach since it is little rain and sometime no rain at all.
Monday – Friday.
PANDAWA BEACH MOONRISE
PANDAWA BEACH VIEW FROM THE HILL
*) After the government build access to reach this beach, it become popular and crowded by local tourist. Especially the big group tour using the buses.
HOW MUCH IS PANDAWA BEACH ENTRANCE FEE?
INTERNATIONAL VISITOR ENTRANCE FEE:
Adult : IDR 15K
Child : IDR 8K
LOCAL VISITOR ENTRANCE FEE:
Adult : IDR 8K
Child : IDR 4K
PANDAWA BEACH ENTRANCE FEE
PANDAWA BEACH ENTRY TICKET
Bike : IDR 2K.
Car : IDR 5K.
Toilet : IDR 5K.
Sunbath chair : IDR 30K-50K.
PANDAWA BEACH CAR PARKING TICKET
WHERE IS PANDAWA BEACH LOCATED?
Village (Desa): Kutuh
Sub-district (Kecamatan): Kuta Selatan
Regency (Kabupaten): Badung
Province (Provinsi): Bali
About 27 km south of Denpasar or 1 hour.
About 49 km south of Ubud or 2 hours.
About 22 km south of Kuta beach or 1 hours.
About 21 km south of Ngurah Rai airport or 45 minutes.
MAP OF PANDAWA BEACH:
*) If you drive a scooter you can just click the map above. It’s your driving guideline.
HOW TO GET TO PANDAWA BEACH?
There is no direct public transport to get there.
*) For backpacker i recommend you to rent a scooter to reach this beach and use google map as your navigation.
*) If you want a quiet atmosphere, you can walk to the east side. It’s more calm and many foreigner sunbathing there.
MOBILE PHONE SIGNAL:
There are strong signal for your smartphone.
*) Use Telkomsel SIM card for relative better service compare to other telecom operator.
There are some cafe & restaurant.
*) There is one beach bar located in the east side of Pandawa beach.
Some restroom and toilet. Better bring your own pocket tissue.
*) Toilet fee: IDR 5K.
PANDAWA BEACH LIGHTHOUSE
PANDAWA BEACH SWING
- There is one spot in the east side of the beach that has ‘rip current’. It impact to you if you swimming in this spot. You will hard swim back to the beach. It’s really tiring until you loose energy and drown. You can see and recognize rip current from the unbroken wave. The wave pattern is different than other. You can compare it along the coast line. Just watch out to this spot.
- There are two spots in the edge of the beach that has rock wall around. Be careful if you standing or swimming here. The big wave may come suddenly. It flushing your body and might crash you to the walls. Just be careful to these spots.
*) Having fun on the beach is fine. But, having fun and stay safe is the best. As long you have a knowledge and know how to manage the risks, you are fine to do the activities here.
PANDAWA BEACH RIP CURRENT
PANDAWA BEACH LIFEGUARD
*) There is a lifeguard on Pandawa beach. He keep an eye on rip current spot.
*) Paragliding spot in Pandawa beach located in east side of the beach. It’s on the top of the hill. If you want to reach this spot, you don’t need to enter Pandawa entry gate. You should take a road to the east on the last cross road.
**) The Paragliding fee about IDR 900K per 30 minutes.
PROS AND CONS:
1. Clean beach.
2. White sand beach.
3. Long coast line.
4. Paragliding available.
5. Wide parking space.
1. Touristic beach.
2. Crowded beach on weekend/student holiday/Indonesian holiday.
3. Some visitor said it’s overrated price for visit a beach.
4. Dirty beach on Monsoon (west wind) season.
5. Many teenagers/students try to start conversation, interview and taking selfie photo (no privacy).
PANDAWA CROWDED BEACH
*) Pandawa beach become touristic place and sometime very crowded by local tourist or student visit.
UPDATE STATUS OF PANDAWA BEACH:
OPEN FOR ANY VISITOR/TOURIST
*) Since March 21st, 2020 Pandawa beach has been closed according to government instruction to avoid Corona spreads.
**) Since July 9th, 2020 (Bali New Normal) period, Pandawa beach has been officially open for tourist.
SOME ‘SEE & DO’ IN AND NEAR PANDAWA BEACH BALI:
You can combine to visit these places when you visiting Pandawa beach:
1. Green Bowl beach (5 km or 12 minutes).
2. Melasti beach (8 km or 17 minutes).
3. Karma beach.
4. Nusa Dua beach (10 km or 30 minutes).
5. Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) culture park 9 km or 30 minutes).
6. Dreamland beach (12 km or 30 minutes).
7. Tanjung Benoa beach (14 km or 40 minutes).
8. Uluwatu temple + monkey forest + sunset + bali dance show.
You can also check our recommended itinerary here: Day 8 itinerary.
WATCH PANDAWA BEACH FROM VIDEO:
Is the article useful?
RATE THIS ARTICLE OR LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINKING